Non-deleteable record - wierd!

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Non-deleteable record - wierd!

Post by Peter Kinross »

I just went to alter a field in one of my Dbs forms and got into a non-get out of cycle saying that the record has been deleted. The only way to get out of this was to stop the Access process. I created a query showing that record and tried to delete the record; Access said the record was deleted, but opening and closing the query showed the record still there! I went to the table that contains the record, and tried to delete the record. Access said it was deleted, but when I closed and re-opened the table there was the record in all its glory. I then went to the back end and tried to delete the record from the table there. Same result. If I try to edit the record anywhere - in a form, in a query, in the table - either the local replicated table or the back end table, I get a message 'Record is deleted'. Yet it still appears everywhere. I have synchronized and compacted the Dbs - makes no diff. In desperation, I re-set the retention period - made no diff.
Maybe this helps. The filter button is grayed out when I open the tables. I checked a few of the 60 odd tables in the back end, and the filter button is grayed out on all of them.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

Guessed
2StarLounger

Re: Non-deleteable record - weird!

Post by Guessed »

Peter
Can you copy the table with definitions only and then run a query that appends all the records in the damaged table to this new table? Is the problem there in the new table as well?
Andrew Lockton
Melbourne Australia

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Re: Non-deleteable record - wierd!

Post by Peter Kinross »

Thanks 'Guessed'. I was hoping to avoid all that. But in the absence of any other alternative, I bit the bullet and it's now fixed.
Thanks again.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter