Sub Form issue

keiath
StarLounger

Sub Form issue

Post by keiath »

I seem to be having a subform issue

I have a subform called 'collections' in my SRN Form and everything is fine. Now I want to put the collections subform in the GIN form so that the warehouse when receiving goods in can call up the SRN in the Gin form (that part works fine) so that when they enter the goods returned on the GIN in the 'collections' subform is displays on the SRN

But when I do this then do a search it wont go to that record. ie:- SRN 1938 only shows information on 1937 it simply wont go to 1938 (which has a gin no)

Any ideas?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Sub Form issue

Post by HansV »

What have you used as Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields for the Collections subform on the GIN form? SRNID vs SRNID or GINID vs GINNO?
Best wishes,
Hans

keiath
StarLounger

Post by keiath »

None at the moment I have removed it so I cant remember, what should it be?

(I sent you an update on email)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Try using SRNID as Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields of the Collections subform.
Best wishes,
Hans

keiath
StarLounger

Post by keiath »

I tried all combos SRN /SRN GINNO/GINNO and even SRN/GIN ect

when i go to SRN it wont search record 1938 I search 1937 then click to next record and it jumps to 1940???

The record 1938 is in the table.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

What exactly do you mean by "it won(')t serch record 1938" an by "I search 1937"? How do you do that?
Best wishes,
Hans

keiath
StarLounger

Post by keiath »

search though the ctrl f to find a record.

But I've seem to have solved it, I am not sure how but I have corrupted that record 1938 (probably though trying different things) as it works fine on all other records after I create a GIN based on SRN. So its all good.

Now to try and add the Calllog subform to the GIN as well - see what trouble that causes me:)

What I am trying to do is simple really, I want the warehouse to only enter data on the GIN form and that Data displays on the SRN

Simple huh:)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm a bit worried: the Collections subform has both an SRNID field and a GINNO field, and the main form too, but they don't correspond exactly. For example, if you go to the main form record with SRNID = 1899, it has GIN No = 700335.
The Collections subform displays a record with SRNID = 1899, but it has GINNO = 700325. Is that OK?
Best wishes,
Hans

keiath
StarLounger

Post by keiath »

That was a typo, at the moment I am manually typing in the GIN NO on the subform. I want it to be automatic but only after the 'Item Received' Check Boxed as be clicked. Because I don't want customer services to see a GIN Number appear and 'think' the item has been returned, because if its a replacements goods don't get sent out unless we have received item back first.

On the automatic bit I don't currently know how to do this.

Hope that all makes sense

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Perhaps you don't need a GIN NO field on the subform at all? You can retrieve it from the main form if and when necessary.
Best wishes,
Hans