Print Access report from SharePoint

Caesar3
Lounger

Print Access report from SharePoint

Post by Caesar3 »

I built list in our SharePoint site. Then I exported the list (or table) to Access, where I built queries and a couple of tables. Yesterday, the boss asked, "Can I just print that list in SharePoint?" The quick answer: "No, but I can print it for you." For the moment, that's fine, but I'm looking for a way to enable the boss and other users to print a specific report from within SharePoint.

Is there a way to create a trigger in the SharePoint site that will cause a report to print? Sorry I haven't given many details. I'm pretty good with Access, but working Access with SharePoint is still new to me. Thanks!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Print Access report from SharePoint

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

Caesar3
Lounger

Post by Caesar3 »

Wow! Both those solutions look very interesting. Trouble is, I'm in a government (military) work environment, and I don't have authority to download and install software that's not on the "approved" list. Sorry, I failed to mention that part, but I hadn't even thought there'd be software to Do the job.

I ran into a similar situation yesterday when a colleague asked how to print a calendar from a SharePoint site. I knew he could link the calendar with Outlook and print it from there. That worked beautifully.It appears SharePoint isn't intended as a printing platform. We must first export whatever we want to print (calendar, list) to another suitable application, such as Outlook, Word, or Access. My boss and others are comfortable working with Outlook and Word, but Access is another matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

According to Introduction to integrating data between Access and a SharePoint site,
Open Access forms and reports from a SharePoint site    Users can open lists in rich Access views from a SharePoint site. Access forms, reports, and datasheets can appear alongside other views on a SharePoint site. When you choose an Access view, Access starts and opens the requested form, report, or datasheet. This makes it easy for you to run a rich Access report on a SharePoint site without having to first start Office Access 2007 or navigate to the right object.
But I don't work with SharePoint myself, so I don't know how to make a report "appear alongside other views on a SharePoint site". I hope someone else will be able to tell you.
Best wishes,
Hans