Not enough room to perform this operation.

Pat
5StarLounger

Not enough room to perform this operation.

Post by Pat »

I have an Access 2007 database where everything works except one report, most reports have a logo embedded. I believe this could be a problem so i was in the throes of making it a linked object rather than an embedded one.
I cant even get into the report in design mode.
Any ideas?

Pat
5StarLounger

Re: Not enough room to perform this operation.

Post by Pat »

Solved it, it turned out to be the logo. I changed it to linked in every instance in the database.
All works fine now.
The database size was 68Mb with the logos and 9Mb without them.

JohnH
3StarLounger

Post by JohnH »

If all users have Access 2007 (0r 10) you can also use Gif (or jpg or (I think) png) images rather than BMPs. That allows for much smaller file sizes.

It is one of the options under Current Database.
pictureProperty.gif
If you use Linked Images, it becomes yet another thing where you need to be sure the path works for all users.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

John

Pat
5StarLounger

Post by Pat »

I was using a 53Kb Jpg file. But as you pointed out it was set to converting to bitmaps option hence the huge size.
But in a copy of the original copy of the database i have just set it to preserve source image format and compacted it and it's still the same size.
So i will stay with linking. I have already told them to put the logo file in a specified folder on each persons PC or laptop.