Form design

bknight
BronzeLounger

Form design

Post by bknight »

I'm designing a new form, from scratch. How do I add a header? All I have is a detail currently.

bknight
BronzeLounger

Re: Form design

Post by bknight »

Nevermind, I fund how.

bknight
BronzeLounger

Post by bknight »

I do have a question on the form. Attached is the property sheet of a label and an image of the datasheet view. You will see the label I have selected is named Symbol and the caption is Symbol, however when I open is datasheet view the column is List0, how do I change the header to Symbol? I get an error in ththis view, indicating I should be in design, but the property sheet I attached is in design view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In Datasheet view, the header of the column is the field name, or its caption/alias if available, instead of the caption of the label.
If the Record Source of the form is a table: open that table in design view, select the field and set its Caption property to Symbol.
If the Record Source of the form is a query, open that query in design view, and change the List0 field to

Symbol: List0
Best wishes,
Hans

bknight
BronzeLounger

Post by bknight »

Um the query is a summation query and I have already changed the name from SummOf XX to Tot XX

Code: Select all

SELECT [List0] AS Symbol, Sum([List6]) AS [Tot Com], Sum([quP/L].[Tot Fees]) AS TotFees, Sum([quP/L].[P/L]) AS [Tot P/L]
FROM [quP/L]
GROUP BY [List0];
And when I run it I am asked to input the value for [list0]. I did not input the caption as Symbol:[List0], but when saved that is what it saved as.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bknight
BronzeLounger

Post by bknight »

I chose to let Access build it and then redesign what Access did.
Thanks