Can't Open A Table In The Design View

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Can't Open A Table In The Design View

Post by hlewton »

I am trying ti edit a table in an Access file. There are 3 tables and I can open two of them but the one I need to open, I can't. I get the error message you can see in the attachment. The table I need to open is named address1. How can I fix this so I can edit the table.
Design View.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Can't Open A Table In The Design View

Post by hlewton »

I believe I found the problem. However, something changed in Access, at least as far as I recall, that caused the problem. I may be remembering wrong but when I open the Access file it opens to a form that has always been there. I had to close that form to get into the design view of the table I needed. I don't remember having to close it before. Anyway, I think I have it solved.
Regards,
hlewton

bknight
BronzeLounger

Post by bknight »

Close any/all objects that use the table as record source.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If a form bound to a table is open, you cannot change the design of that table. This has always been so.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 18:51
If a form bound to a table is open, you cannot change the design of that table. This has always been so.
I believe you, it has just been, probably, 15 years since I modified that table. I probably knew that back then. Thanks for the information.
Regards,
hlewton