Get List of Updated/Added Items After Running Query

EnginerdUNH
StarLounger

Get List of Updated/Added Items After Running Query

Post by EnginerdUNH »

Hi,

I have a few tables worth of data that I created some queries that either append new information to those tables from some temporary tables that I’ve created or update existing records with any new information stored in the temporary tables. What I am looking to know is if it is possible to export the ID number and one of the other record identifier fields for any records which were either added or updated to another temporary table so that these new/updated records can be easily identified and further inspected/modified as needed after running the queries.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Get List of Updated/Added Items After Running Query

Post by HansV »

You can create a make-table or append query based on the source temporary table, and include only the fields that you need in this make-table or append query.
Best wishes,
Hans

EnginerdUNH
StarLounger

Post by EnginerdUNH »

Hans, I am somewhat familiar with append queries but I have never made a make-table query before. I think the best solution for me would be to create a new temporary table for the list and create a new append query to populate it but I’m unsure how/if I could tell it to populate the new temp table with only the records that were updated or appended to my main table when running my other queries. Is it possible for you to give me the general structure for this type of query?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You wrote "I created some queries that either append new information to those tables from some temporary tables that I’ve created or update existing records with any new information stored in the temporary tables."
For each of "some temporary tables", you can create an append query based on that table that adds the required fields to a log table.

It's hard to provide more specific help since I have no idea what the various tables and queries look like.
Best wishes,
Hans