Sharepoint linked table

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Sharepoint linked table

Post by Leesha »

Hi,
I have a table on sharepoint that is linked in Access. I have only just set this up and so far it appears to be working. My problem is that the format of the number fields in sharepoint are not the same as in Access. IE Instead of showing decimals, it shows commas and/or it puts in commas where there shouldn't be any. IE 1000.8 shows as 1,008. 34519 shows as 34,519.

I checked the sharepoint settings but don't see an option to fix this, or if it is even possible.

Thanks,
Leesha

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Re: Sharepoint linked table

Post by Leesha »

Me again, i just stumbled on this code and tried it and it seems to work, unless someone has a better alternative.

{
"$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-sc ... chema.json",
"elmType": "div",
"attributes": {
"class": "=if(@currentField > 0,'', '')"
},
"children": [
{
"elmType": "span",
"txtContent": "@currentField"
}
]
}

Gasman
StarLounger

Post by Gasman »

Using Access 2007.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Please, please use code tags when posting code snippets, click the </>icon.
Debug.Print is your lifesaver.

CData
3StarLounger

Post by CData »

if you are using a form as the user interface, bound to that table...then the control property of the text field can be optioned for several different display formats for numbers

having said that - overall I have found sharepoint to be a difficult and limiting approach to use for tables. it is a better idea to use an Access back end file if at all possible