Access 2010 Bugs

spectrum
StarLounger

Re: Access 2010 Bugs

Post by spectrum »

I checked this one after installing SP1. If you put a tab control on a form. Then on a page put a rectangle, and set its backcolor from transparent to normal. Then put a couple of text boxes on the rectangle. Now go into tab settings, and move the tab order, click okay. My rectangle comes in front of the textboxes and I have to reset the rectangle to goto the back.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I can confirm this bug. Not world-shattering, but irritating.
Best wishes,
Hans

Wendell
4StarLounger

Post by Wendell »

Quoting Rogoflap... Generally I see this issue on Datasheets on a form, or query results or when I open up a table by double clicking. It doesn't happen everytime. ...
I haven't seen that behavior on Win7 PCs, but I do most of my work on remote servers running various versions of Windows Server. The clients I work with haven't reported any issues either, but that doesn't surprise me - they seldom scroll though large recordsets. The hotfix I remembered doesn't sound all that much like your issue, but for what it's worth you can find the details in KB 2504134. You didn't indicate which mode you are working on your network. Is it Workgroup mode, or Domain mode?
Last edited by Wendell on 27 Jan 2012, 16:07, edited 2 times in total.
Wendell
You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!

spectrum
StarLounger

Post by spectrum »

Thanks for the hotfix patch info, no I don't get that problem. I have had so many corruptions, some where importing objects into a blank database did not get me out of problems, and ended up with almost rebuilds being carried out. Using Windows XP, in Workgroup.
I also have steered clear of front and backend. I wanted this arrangement, but lost files and could not trace why. Maybe one day things will work as they should?