Spacing of Tabs

JohnH
3StarLounger

Spacing of Tabs

Post by JohnH »

Does anyone have any good ideas on spacing of individual tabs on a Tab Control. I would like to spread them out a bit.

The Tab Fixed Width property does the job well if the words on the tabs are all about the same length. But it requires a fixed width large enough to accommodate the longest word. If the words vary a lot in length, Fixed Width is not very useful.
  • You can put leading spaces before a word on a tab.
  • Trailing spaces after a word are discarded, so I sometimes put a few trailing spaces followed by something inconspicuous, such as a full stop.
TabSpacing.gif
Multi line tabs are an option, but I don't really like them.
MultiLineTabs.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

John

HansV
Administrator

Re: Spacing of Tabs

Post by HansV »

I don't bother messing with the width of tabs, but I think I'd go for the fixed width option if I would.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

By the way, you can use non-breaking spaces (Alt+0160) before and after the caption text. Trailing non-breaking spaces will not be removed.
x322.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

JohnH
3StarLounger

Post by JohnH »

Thanks The non-breaking space seems a very good solution. I just need to remember the Alt+0160.
Regards

John