Error Find

Stew
StarLounger

Error Find

Post by Stew »

I'm getting an error "This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complext ot be evalued. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Tye simplifying the expression by asigning parts of the expression to variables."

Is there any way to track this down. All I have are two simple expressions. One to determine Age (which is working right, and I havn't had any problems on the other form it is in), and one for the last four of a SSN using =Right([SSN], 4). I get this error 3 times

HansV
Administrator

Re: Error Find

Post by HansV »

I assume this is in a form. I'd create a copy of the form, then remove expressions one by one, testing whether the error still occurs after each step. It's tedious, but the only way to pinpoint the culprit(s) if you have no other clues.

(If you can't solve it, you could post the database here, but try to solve it yourself first.)
Best wishes,
Hans

Stew
StarLounger

Post by Stew »

I was hoping there was a way to track it without doing that. I have a whole lot of output on this form. Guess my boss is gonna have to deal with that not being up today.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'd start with the most complicated expressions - a simple one such as =Right([SSN], 4) isn't likely to cause the error message that you described.

There is no magic wand that will miraculously reveal the cause of such errors... :sad:
Best wishes,
Hans