What control for a hyperlink? Access2000

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

What control for a hyperlink? Access2000

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I worked out how to make a text field clickable (the text box is called WebPage and clicking in it uses the text content to launch my browser).
Now I've set up a Hyperlink field in my table and can't work out what sort of control I should place on the user form.
The hyperlink field is going to receive the full path & name of a Word document, the document being the source of my data.

My theory is that I'll load my data fields from text in the document, but maintain a link to the original source so that I can quickly fire up Word and see the original press release.

Of course, I could just use a text box and write the VBA code to execute the file - whatever it is - instead of firing up a web browser.
Here is my web page textbox code:

Code: Select all

Private Sub WEBPAGE_Click()
    If Len(Trim(Me!WEBPAGE)) > 0 Then
        Call KillBrowserJob
        Dim retval As Double
        Dim strDestination As String
        strDestination = Me!WEBPAGE
        retval = Shell("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe " & strDestination)
    Else
    End If
End Sub
He who plants a seed, plants life.

HansV
Administrator

Re: What control for a hyperlink? Access2000

Post by HansV »

If you place a text box on a form and bind it to a hyperlink field, you don't need to do anything special - the text box will act as a hyperlink automatically. No code needed.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: What control for a hyperlink? Access2000

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:If you place a text box on a form and bind it to a hyperlink field,..
Hans, thanks.
I just got around to trying this.
Works perfectly and saves having VBA code that somehow always seems to need to be maintained.
He who plants a seed, plants life.