Add Delete Record Problem

Stew
StarLounger

Add Delete Record Problem

Post by Stew »

I'm having trouble with my add/delete buttons on my database. I have one section that is responsible for adding, deleting records. They are also responsible for updating those fields when a change is needed. I am trying to do this with a subfrom from a query. I think the way I have it set up it is impossible to do what I need. I have attached the relevent sections. I am trying to not have to have a add/delete form and an edit form. I want to ecompass them in one form if possible. Any help would be apreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Add Delete Record Problem

Post by HansV »

You have set the Allow Additions and Allow Deletions properties of subfrmS1Edit to No. This means that you can't add a new record to the form, nor delete an existing record.
Since you want the user to be able to add, edit and delete records in the same form, you should set Allow Additions and Allow Deletions to Yes (Allow Edits is already set to Yes).
Best wishes,
Hans

Stew
StarLounger

Re: Add Delete Record Problem

Post by Stew »

Wow changed it on the main form not the subform, well kinda feel dumb but thats one fast problem solved