Word 12.0 not in References list

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Word 12.0 not in References list

Post by Peter Kinross »

In one of my Dbs, Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library is missing from the references list, so the Db won’t compile.
MS Excel 12.0 and Outlook 12.0 are listed, but not Word.
Yet if I open a Db that already has Word 12 referenced, it opens, runs and compiles just fine.
Is there a file for Word that I can register using regsvr32?
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

HansV
Administrator

Re: Word 12.0 not in References list

Post by HansV »

Is Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library marked as MISSING: or is it completely absent from the References list?
Best wishes,
Hans

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

On the Db that wont work the ref is completely missing.
On the Db that works (identical save for a couple of minor updates of which I make every few weeks or so) the ref for Word is ticked.
This occurs on this Db and also on a totally different Db, the updates for which are minor. For the 2 of them the new version has the Word ref completely missing, the old version has the ref ticked.
References to Outlook and Excel in those Dbs are there in both old and updated versions of both Dbs; Office 14 on my main computer and Office 12 on the other.
I do all alterations in Office 2010 on my main computer, the Dbs being saved in Access 2007 format. These are copied to the other computer that uses Office 2007.
I have only had Office 2010 on my main computer for a few weeks. Come to think of it, this might be the first update I have done since then. However, for a year or so, I have had Outlook 2010 on my main computer and Outlook 2007 on the other, so I have had to adjust the references for that every time I updated.
Both Dbs use the same backend on the same computer.
I would have thought that having the ref for Word missing would usually indicate that it hadn't been registered, but the darn ref IS there on the old versions on the same computer, so I'm at a loss - a state I am becoming more and more aware of lately :sad: .

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

One option would be to change from early binding (using a reference to the Word object library) to late binding (declaring all Word objects as Object instead of Word.Application, Word.Document etc., and removing the reference).

You might also try to repair Microsoft Office from the Programs and Features control panel. That might register the Word object library again.
Best wishes,
Hans

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

Thanks Hans.
I was about to do a repair when you replied. It didn't help.
Solved, the ref for Word 12 WAS there! It was at the top of the list (unticked), a couple of refs below the ticked references, not in the alpha sorted part. Just out of sight when the list opens.
That's a neat gotcha if ever I saw one.