Access file close

bmoyer123
Lounger

Access file close

Post by bmoyer123 »

My database gives me the message that someone else is using DB and therefore cannot save change I made. No one else has database open, but when I look on the file folder there is another file with the same name x.accdb and x.lccdb (with a lock on icon). I can't get this second file to close, I can't delete it or the original file. Any solutions?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Access file close

Post by HansV »

The file with extension .laccdb is the so-called lock file. It keeps track of who is using the database. Under normal circumstances, Access automatically removes the .laccdb file when the database is closed.
If this file remains after you have closed the database, something is wrong.
First thing to try is to restart Windows, and then attempt to delete the .laccdb file again. In most situations, this works.
If not, you can try the free utility Unlocker from Cedric Collomb. This tool can unlock a file for you, so that it can be deleted.
Best wishes,
Hans

bmoyer123
Lounger

Post by bmoyer123 »

Thank you

Mark L
3StarLounger

Post by Mark L »

Another possibility is that you don't have Delete permissions to that folder. Access really requires that you have full permissions to a folder.
Mark Liquorman
Land O Lakes, FL
see my website http://www.liquorman.net for Access Tips and Tricks, and for my Liquorman Utilities.