File Not Found

D Willett
SilverLounger

File Not Found

Post by D Willett »

Hi Guys

I have a problem with a database. I created a module earlier today, decided it wasn't required and removed it.
When I open my database now I get an error dialog:

"Visual Basic For Applications" - "File Not Found"

I can still see the module in the project explorer and there is nothing I can do with it.
I cannot debug the project or remove the module, it just returns the file not found error. Rebooted the pc in case any variables were hung in memory.

Has anyone else experienced this and have a suggestion on how to repair it?

**************************************************************************************
FIXED
***************************************************************************************

I imported everything into a new database container except for the suspect module, all seems to be ok now.
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Re: File Not Found

Post by HansV »

Good for you!

Importing database objects into a blank new database is often a good way to get rid of corruption.
Best wishes,
Hans

D Willett
SilverLounger

Re: File Not Found

Post by D Willett »

I was shocked at the result from the module.
It was a trusted source for a routine involving and ActiveX component. I didn't like the outcome so decided to remove the component and remove the module so I was where I started prior to the test.
Just shows to do regular backups and always work on a copy instead of the main application. I make a rule to copy the application each time I work on it, at least you can only lose one sessions worth of work.

I hope its useful for any other member should they experience something similar.( hence editing the original post and not deleting it )
Cheers ...

Dave.