Hours Available On Date

D Willett
SilverLounger

Hours Available On Date

Post by D Willett »

hi Guys, a bit stumped with returning hours available on a certain date.

tblAttPeriod holds data for staff member [Unit], branch [Branch] and two dates, [FromDate] and [ThruDate], anything including and in between [FromDate] and [ThruDate] are holiday days booked.

qryStaffCal returns holidays booked on a certain day:

Code: Select all

SELECT qryStaff.UnitID, qryStaff.Unit, tblAttPeriod.FromDate, tblAttPeriod.ThruDate, tblAttPeriod.WorkGroup, tblAttPeriod.PeriodID, tblAttPeriod.Other, qryStaff.HrsAvail
FROM tblAttPeriod INNER JOIN qryStaff ON tblAttPeriod.UnitID = qryStaff.Code
WHERE (((tblAttPeriod.FromDate)<=[Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate]) AND ((tblAttPeriod.ThruDate)>=[Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate]))
ORDER BY qryStaff.Unit;
So on a given day: txtScrollDate, using qryStaffCal, I can see who has booked off for that day and the hrs I will be missing [HrsAvail].

I need to do quite the opposite and see all the hours available excluding the hrs from qryStaffCal on the same day, I'm stumped with this.
Where do I start???

Regards
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Hours Available On Date

Post by HansV »

Try changing

WHERE (((tblAttPeriod.FromDate)<=[Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate]) AND ((tblAttPeriod.ThruDate)>=[Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate]))

to

WHERE (((tblAttPeriod.FromDate)>[Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate]) OR ((tblAttPeriod.ThruDate)<[Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate]))
Best wishes,
Hans

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

Hi Hans, I had the same other than the "OR",this now returns everything excluding FromDate and ThruDate periods ( which is correct ).
I think I need a different table as a base as tblAttPeriod only holds the Holiday periods booked. I'll need to mess about with this a little to achieve the results.

Leave it with me ...

(Thanks :-) )
Cheers ...

Dave.

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

Totally different approach.

As the query, qryStaff contains the hrs available for each member of staff, and a series of small queries to return the total for staff and department, using a DSum I am able to return total hours available for each department.

Me.txtHrsAvailValet = DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailValet")
Me.txtHrsAvailPaint = DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailPaint") + Me.txtHrsAvailValet.Value
Me.txtHrsAvailBody = DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailBody")
Me.txtHrsAvailFit = DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailFit")

This works in VBA.

From there, I can take away the hours accumulated from the holiday periods so giving me a true sum of hours available.

But is it possible to exclude weekends and bank holidays ??
There is a table in the database, "tblHoliday" containing the Bank Holidays, and a module "modHolidayDatesWorkDays".

It maybe a big ask ....?

Cheers
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The query in the first post returns hours for a specific date [Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate]
How does that fit into your current question? :scratch:
Best wishes,
Hans

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

Hi Hans
The first query qryStaffCal returns hrs depending on the date in txtScrollDate, these are hours booked as holidays so they are not available.

qryStaff returns all hours available, therefore subtracting the qryStaffCal hours should give a true total of hours available on a given date "txtScrollDate".
There are departments, Paint, Fit etc so I have to take that into account as with the above post with the DSums in VBA.

It all works as it should but we have weekend and bank holidays ideally taken into consideration?
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

What is the SQL of qryStaff?
Best wishes,
Hans

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

Oops .. Have I answered my own question???

SELECT tblStaff.Code, tblStaff.Surname, tblStaff.Initial, tblStaff.Workgroup, tblStaff.CurrencyRate, tblStaff.ProductivityRate, tblStaff.Active, tblStaff.Address, tblStaff.TelNo, tblStaff.OtherContact, tblStaff.EmployeeType, tblStaff.NINumber, tblStaff.Production, [productivityrate]*8/100 AS HrsAvail, tblStaff.Code AS UnitID, [Surname] & "," & [initial] AS Unit, [hrsAvail]*5 AS [Hrs Per Week], Weekdaysminusholidays(Date()-Weekday(Date(),0)+1,Date()-Weekday(Date())+7)*[productivityrate]/100 AS [Days This Week], Weekdaysminusholidays(Date()-Weekday(Date(),0)+1,Date()-Weekday(Date())+7)*[hrsavail] AS [Hrs This Week], Weekdaysminusholidays(DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1),(DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,0)))*[productivityrate]/100 AS [Days This Month], Weekdaysminusholidays(DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1),(DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,0)))*[hrsavail] AS [Hrs This Month], Weekdaysminusholidays(DateSerial(Year(Date()),Int((Month(Date())-1)/3)*3+1,1),(DateSerial(Year(Date()),Int((Month(Date())-1)/3)*3+4,0)))*[productivityrate]/100 AS [Days This Qtr], Weekdaysminusholidays(DateSerial(Year(Date()),Int((Month(Date())-1)/3)*3+1,1),(DateSerial(Year(Date()),Int((Month(Date())-1)/3)*3+4,0)))*[hrsavail] AS [Hrs This Qtr], Weekdaysminusholidays(CDate("1/1/" & Year(Date())),CDate("1/1/" & Year(Date())+1)-1)*[productivityrate]/100 AS [Days This Year], Weekdaysminusholidays(CDate("1/1/" & Year(Date())),CDate("1/1/" & Year(Date())+1)-1)*[hrsavail] AS [Hrs This Year], tblStaff.Branch, tblStaff.IncludeAtt
FROM tblStaff
WHERE (((tblStaff.Workgroup) Not In ("SignsGraphics","Administration","Sales","Technologies")) AND ((tblStaff.Active)=True) AND ((tblStaff.Branch)=[Forms]![frmCallCentre]![Branch]));
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It looks like the hours already take weekends and holidays into account...
Best wishes,
Hans

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

:scratch: Yes it does .. I need to work out then if txtScrollDate is a weekend or Bank Holiday then no hours are available .. ( example )

Me.txtHrsAvailValet = DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailValet")

SELECT qryStaff.Workgroup, Sum(qryStaff.HrsAvail) AS Avail
FROM qryStaff
GROUP BY qryStaff.Workgroup
HAVING (((qryStaff.Workgroup)="Valet"));
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Perhaps something like

IIf(Weekday([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate],2)>5 Or DCount("*","tblHoliday","HolidayDate=#" & Format([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate],"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#)>0,0,...)

where ... is your expression to calculate available hours.
Best wishes,
Hans

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

It looks great Hans, :scratch: But I'm not sure where to put that ....
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Me.txtHrsAvailValet = IIf(Weekday([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate],2)>5 Or DCount("*","tblHoliday","HolidayDate=#" & Format([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate],"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#)>0,0,DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailValet"))
Best wishes,
Hans

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

Really sorry about this Hans, I'm getting expected List or separator here:

[Avail]

I've checked all the brackets and closing quotes, I can't see it...
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I forgot a "

Me.txtHrsAvailValet = IIf(Weekday([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate],2)>5 Or DCount("*","tblHoliday","HolidayDate=#" & Format([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate],"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#")>0,0,DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailValet"))
Best wishes,
Hans

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

Works like a dream .... didn't think was going to be so complicated :thankyou:

Thank you Hans

Kind Regards
Cheers ...

Dave.

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

Just a tweak Hans. i've added at the end: "- Me.txtStaffCalBody" which works fine, however if the result is a minus figure can the result show "" or zero ?
I tried it with Conditional Formatting "If Field Value is Less Than or Equal to 0" but a negative amount still shows??

Me.txtHrsAvailBody = IIf(Weekday([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate], 2) > 5 Or DCount("*", "tblHoliday", "HolidayDate=#" & Format([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate], "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#") > 0, 0, DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailBody")) - Me.txtStaffCalBody
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You could use

Dim h As Double
    h = IIf(Weekday([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate], 2) > 5 Or DCount("*", "tblHoliday", "HolidayDate=#" & Format([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate], "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#") > 0, 0, DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailBody")) - Me.txtStaffCalBody
    If h < 0 Then h = 0
    Me.txtHrsAvailBody = h
Or, alternatively

Dim h As Double
    h = IIf(Weekday([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate], 2) > 5 Or DCount("*", "tblHoliday", "HolidayDate=#" & Format([Forms]![frmCallCentre]![txtScrollDate], "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#") > 0, 0, DSum(Nz("[Avail]", 0), "qryHrsAvailBody")) - Me.txtStaffCalBody
    If h < 0 Then
        Me.txtHrsAvailBody = Null
    Else
        Me.txtHrsAvailBody = h
    End If
Best wishes,
Hans

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

Sounds like a plan batman .... Thanks for the tweak :-)
Cheers ...

Dave.