Wingding Characters - Size

D Willett
SilverLounger

Wingding Characters - Size

Post by D Willett »

Hi

Is it possible to use a different wingding character in the following expression:

=IIf([Status]="BACKORDER","<font face=Webdings size=1 color=Blue>n </font>")

The sizing (1) doesn't seem to reduce the size of the character as I think there may be a minimum size which can be used.
I would like to either change the character to something else or select a smaller character.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Cheers ...

Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Wingding Characters - Size

Post by HansV »

The size attribute of the font tag can be a whole number from 1 (corresponding to 8-point text) to 7 (corresponding to 36-point text); default is 3 (corresponding to 12-point text).
The font tag does not allow you to specify the exact font size in points, pixels or similar.
In a web page, one would use CSS for that, but Access doesn't support CSS in a Rich Text field/text box, only the HTML font sizes 1 to 7.

So I fear you're out of luck.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Unless you are manipulating HTML, what you are trying to do is not possible within the Access interface. An IIF() function cannot change any form of formatting; it can only return actual value output. What you can use is Conditional Formatting with an expression similar to: =[Status]="Backorder" (and then set up the formatting if the condition is true.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

@Rudi: I think Dave is using a rich text field; this is stored as text with (a limited subset of) HTML tags.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Ah...my apologies. TX.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

D Willett
SilverLounger

Post by D Willett »

Hi Guys, yes it is a rich text field.

I'll just have to work with what I have for now then. I did use the conditional formatting before with a basic fill and text color of the same which simulated a filled square box ( shape of the text control ) and I could size that text control to any size.
It kind of looked messy on a continuous form so I opted to have nice little round symbols ( winding ) instead.
Cheers ...

Dave.