Trusted Location:

BittenApple
BronzeLounger

Trusted Location:

Post by BittenApple »

Hello HansV & CData

there is in addition 2 levels of security that can affect things:

1. Access - this is referred to as the Trust Center; on each user's PC - the folder where the front file sits must be set up as a trusted location and the folder where the back file sits must also be set up as a trusted location. you will find this feature also embedded in the product - - it is a bit obtuse so you'll want to find instructions on line......

Should the new location where the form for each user lands be added to the trusted location?

Regards,
BittenApple.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Trusted Location:

Post by HansV »

The user should add the folder that contains his or her copy of the frontend database to the Trusted Locations for Access.
Best wishes,
Hans

BittenApple
BronzeLounger

Post by BittenApple »

Hello HansV,
Thanks for the response.
That is a great help to me.
BittenApple

BittenApple
BronzeLounger

Post by BittenApple »

Hello Hans,
I have created a database and split it. I want to add the folder in which the database (front end and back end) to trusted locations, I can't. I get this message:
The remote or network path you have entered is not allowed by your current security settings.
While, so far, I have been able to go to the copy of frontend on my desk top and enter the data and this has not created any issues so far for me.
Anyway, I want to add the UNC or folder location to trusted location because I am afraid that might cause issues for others.

Regards,
BittenApple

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The Trusted Locations page (File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Trusted Locations) contains a check box 'Allow Trusted Locations on my network (not recommended)'. You (and all users) will have to tick this check box before you can add a network folder to your Trusted Locations.
S1615.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

BittenApple
BronzeLounger

Post by BittenApple »

Hello Hans,
It works when I check it. I entered unc; I have created accde, if I want to ask each user to go to add their folder to trusted location while they have accde copy can be a litte cumbersome for users. Don't you thinks so?
Or probably adding the location of folder as unc might take care of this master. What do you think? Regards, bittenapple

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

They will still have to add the folder to their Trusted Locations. They only need to do it once, though. You could create a short instruction on how to do that, or point the users to Add, remove, or change a trusted location.
Best wishes,
Hans

BittenApple
BronzeLounger

Post by BittenApple »

Hello Hans,
Thanks for the response, I have to teach them to take shift or F11 while opening the database and then add the rest as how to add the location of the folder to trusted location on their computer. Can I take care of it remotely if they share their screen with me through skype?
Thank you very much, I just wanted to make sure there is no other way.
Regards,
BittenApple

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

When a user shares their desktop with you, you can see their desktop but not control it, as far as I know.
Best wishes,
Hans

BittenApple
BronzeLounger

Post by BittenApple »

Hans,
I have to test it.
Are trusted location added to both front and end of database?
Regards,
BittenApple

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Users only need to create a trusted location for the folder that contains their frontend database. They don't need to create a trusted location for the backend, since they don't need to open the backend database directly.
Best wishes,
Hans

BittenApple
BronzeLounger

Post by BittenApple »

Thanks!!!