2 Formulas for a report needed

Leesha
BronzeLounger

2 Formulas for a report needed

Post by Leesha »

Hi,

1. I have a report that trends patient admissions. One of the areas trended is by gender. The Contol {txtGender} returns "Male" and "Femaile" and the control [1] gives the breadown. This works fine. At the end of the report I need to provide provide the percent difference between the genders. I'm not sure how to write the formula for this using [txtgender] and [1].

2. I have another report that returns totals based on [reasonfordischarge]. This is done using a crosstab query with controls [1], [2], [3], [4], [5] which represent 5 different years. This step is working fine in the query and the report when I want to list all of the reasonforDischarge. I also need to be able to show the [reasonfordischarge] that has the highest total, without any of the others showing. I've tried using max but that didn't work.

Thanks,
Leesha

HansV
Administrator

Re: 2 Formulas for a report needed

Post by HansV »

This is a bit hard without seeing the database. Could you post a stripped down, compacted and zipped copy of the database? Delete or alter sensitive information from the copy.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

It's a huge database linked to sql tables so I made tables that contain the data I need in order to get this to you. I've put notes in the footer of each report to describe (I hope) what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Leesha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In the attached version, I have created a series of queries to obtain the results you want.

The final one for the difference between females and males is sqryGenderFooter; this is the record source for the report srptGenderFooter that has been placed as a subreport in the footer of srptCOSGender-Combined.

The final one for the discharge reason with the highest number in year 1 is sqryMaxReason; this is the record source for the report srptMaxReason.
Copy of Copy of Mini RSMDashboard.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

Thanks Hans!! It's almost a relief to know that it wasn't a simple formula to get the results because I was feeling soooooooooo dumb that I couldn't come up with them!!

Leesha