SendObject in Macro

matthewR
5StarLounger

SendObject in Macro

Post by matthewR »

I set up a Macro to refresh some tables and then I use SendObject to send the final query in an email. In my macro, I have SetWarnings off. When it comes to the action SendObject, it comes up with a warning where I have to click Allow to send the email. I want to run this overnight so I want the email to send without a warning. I think my problem is, I have Access 2003 and Outlook 2007. Is there a way to disable that email warning for Outlook 2007?

I found where in Outlook you have to disable this warning - Tools/Trust Center/Programatic Access
Then click on "Never Warn me about Suspicious activity".
The trouble is my company has that dimmed out so I can't click on that option.

Why did 2007 have to make it so hard. "Never warn me about Suspicious activity" sounds like I am trying to infiltrate Fort Knox. Icould do all this before 2007 and now my hands are tied.
Last edited by matthewR on 21 Apr 2010, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

HansV
Administrator

Re: SendObject in Macro

Post by HansV »

The warning probably comes from Outlook rather than from Access.

In Outlook 2007, select Tools | Trust Center...
Select Programmatic Access, and see if you can change the setting there. See Code Security Changes in Outlook 2007 for details.
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

My company is so paranoid about security. Before 2007, they didn't have such a tight hold on things but now with 2007, those security warnings are so ominous that they won't let us do anything. My databases get those macro warnings and they won't let us set up our own secure sites - they have to do it and it is only sites that they designate.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Try the following:
- Right-click the shortcut to Outlook.
- Select "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu.
- If the popup menu doesn't contain this option, hold down the Shift key while right-clicking the shortcut.
- Select Tools | Trust Center... and click in Programmatic Access.
Can you change the setting now?
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

I don't have that option. Like I said, my hands are tied. We have software but we can't use the best features.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There are several other options, but they involve installing software, which you're probably not allowed to do yourself, so I fear you're stuck with the warnings.
Best wishes,
Hans

matthewR
5StarLounger

Post by matthewR »

We are in the process of getting 2007. Right now I have Access 2003 and they have no problem with disabling security which I do all the time for Excel, Access etc. Now with 2007 (Just Outlook so far), they won't let us do anything. It is OK in 2003 but not in 2007. It doesn't make sense.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Sometimes IT departments become a bit over-protective. This can get in the way of productivity. :sad:
Best wishes,
Hans