Change report content

santosm
3StarLounger

Change report content

Post by santosm »

Hi All,
I have a report that gets emailed to a contact and has been working for a long time. What I would like to do now is to change some of the text fields on the report based on some other data that is setup prior to the report being run. I have put the code to change the data on the "report, on open" event but now the report doesn't end up running completely. When i run it in break mode, I get to the line where the report output is created and then it just ends, no errors or other indications. Got any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark
Thanks,
Mark

Wendell
4StarLounger

Re: Change report content

Post by Wendell »

If you don't get any error messages, is it possible that you have some higher level error handling code that is preventing the error message from being displayed. To check that, put in a new line at the beginning that turn off error handling and run it in debug mode. Another possibility is that there isn't any data and the "No Data" condition is causing the report to terminate when that is detected - but that seems like a more remote possibility.
Wendell
You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Change report content

Post by HansV »

If Wendell's suggestion doesn't help, please provide more detailed information about the code.
Best wishes,
Hans