Custom Menu Bar Won't Display In Access 2013

JGravesNBS
NewLounger

Custom Menu Bar Won't Display In Access 2013

Post by JGravesNBS »

I have a program.mdb with a customized menu bar from Database Creations

When I open program.mdb in 2007 & 2010 the ribbon is disabled and the custom bar is displayed as it should be and all is OK

When I open the same program.mdb in 2013 the ribbon is displayed and the custom bar is missing

I have a clean compile and get no error messages

What am I missing? How do I disable the ribbon and get the custom EZ Menu Bar to display in 2013?

Following are the Options, Current Database, Ribbon and Tool Bar Option settings that is used in all Access 2007, 2010 & 2013 versions

Ribbon Name:
Menu Bar: EZ Menu Bar
Shortcut Menu Bar: (default)
Checked Allow Full Menus
Checked Allow Default Shortcut Menus
Unchecked Allow Built-in Toolbars

HansV
Administrator

Re: Custom Menu Bar Won't Display In Access 2013

Post by HansV »

According to Discontinued features and modified functionality in Access 2013:

"You can no longer bypass the Ribbon interface and show Access 2003 toolbars and menus in Access 2013 as you could in 2007 and Access 2010. But you can make them appear on the Add-ins tab, or add them to a custom Ribbon group or the Quick Access Toolbar."

And:

"Access 2003 Toolbars and menus are shown in the Add-ins tab on the Ribbon. Adding them to a custom Ribbon group is also supported. You can also use RibbonX and XML to create a custom ribbon for your desktop database."

To display a menu or toolbar in the Add-ins tab, set the Toolbar or Menu Bar property of the form or report where you want to display it to the name of the custom toolbar or menu bar.
Best wishes,
Hans

JGravesNBS
NewLounger

Post by JGravesNBS »

Thank for the following sad news

<Access 2003 toolbar and menus You can no longer bypass the Ribbon interface and show Access 2003 toolbars and menus in Access 2013 as you could in 2007 and Access 2010. But you can make them appear on the Add-ins tab, or add them to a custom Ribbon group or the Quick Access Toolbar.

Access 2003 Toolbars and menus are shown in the Add-ins tab on the Ribbon. Adding them to a custom Ribbon group is also supported. You can also use RibbonX and XML to create a custom ribbon for your desktop database.>

I've been all through the Options, Add-in, Customize Ribbon section and see no reference to my table driven Access 2003 eza_Menus and how to make them appear on the Add-ins tab, or add them to a custom Ribbon group or the Quick Access Toolbar.

How do I get my Access 2003 custom eza_Menus (Menu Bar) to appear in a custom Ribbon group or the Quick Access Toolbar?

If you have a suggestion I need the 2nd grade explanation

Following are the Options, Current Database, Ribbon and Tool Bar Option settings that is used in all Access 2007, 2010 & 2013 versions

Ribbon Name:
Menu Bar: EZ Menu Bar
Shortcut Menu Bar: (default)
Checked Allow Full Menus
Checked Allow Default Shortcut Menus
Unchecked Allow Built-in Toolbars

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I edited my reply after posting it and added a paragraph - I'll repeat it here:

To display a menu or toolbar in the Add-ins tab, set the Toolbar or Menu Bar property of the form or report where you want to display it to the name of the custom toolbar or menu bar.
Best wishes,
Hans