Excel / Office 2010

steveh
SilverLounger

Excel / Office 2010

Post by steveh »

Morning all

Not quite sure if this is in the right forum but as it is ultimately affecting Excel I thought it would be the best place to start.

At work we have a bespoke in-house system that generates reports to Excel. We have just employed 2 new sales people and I ordered the laptops without thinking and they duly arrived with Office 2010.

Our program guy has now said that he can't send the reports out to 2010 because there is no "CE?" engine, MS refuse to downgrade the 2010 and appparently this is exchoed thoughout many MS user forums. I am now faced, as we cannot downgrade, into buying licences for 2007 and getting them reinstalled and having any work down in Excel 2010 moved to 2007.

Is this right or is the program guy wrong?
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

HansV
Administrator

Re: Excel / Office 2010

Post by HansV »

Can you provide information on the "CE?" engine? Is that its real name and what is it used for?
Best wishes,
Hans

Jan Karel Pieterse
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jan Karel Pieterse »

As far as I know, an Office 2010 license gives you the right to install any previous version instead. As long as you have the media somewhere you should be good to go.
Did you perhaps have the 64 bit version of Office installed? If so, get rid of it and do the default installation of Office 2010 (32 bits).
Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP jkp-ads.com

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

Thank you both

Jan Karel seems to have hit the nail on the head. Our program guy is always a bit tight lipped about how is software works so would not give me exact details, all he did say was that he had seen some info from Shyam Pillai so it did not take me long to find the thread he was talking about, so for anybody else who may need it

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/For ... 4c31943e84" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Jan Karel Pieterse
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jan Karel Pieterse »

Thanks for the link, I did know about that CTR version, but not about its limitations!
Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP jkp-ads.com