Importing Google Sheets From Excel VBA

richlocus
2StarLounger

Importing Google Sheets From Excel VBA

Post by richlocus »

Hello:

I am working on a project for a client to transform a google sheet workbook to an Excel workbook and perform a number of procedures on the imported workbook using VBA.

I searched the internet and I didn't see a way that Excel VBA could process a native Google sheet, especially from the cloud where the sheet is stored. A workaround is to have the client manually transform the google sheet into an Excel workbook. It takes about 1 minute to get into Google sheets, then select File, Download and Microsoft Excel. Very fast.

However, the client would prefer to have the entire process integrated when he launches the Excel VBA application.

Are you aware of any way to accomplish this. Perhaps Windows Script Host or some other method?

Thanks,

Rich Locus

richlocus
2StarLounger

Re: Importing Google Sheets From Excel VBA

Post by richlocus »

To add a little more information, a link similar to the following example will bring up an entire Google Sheet Workbook with multiple worksheets:
Note: (I corrupted the actual address shown below to protect data privacy so it won't work):

This is the actual link that I click to bring up the Google Sheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

After clicking this link, the Google Sheet (workbook) is displayed with all the worksheets within.

From there I select File, Download, Microsoft Excel and it places the converted workbook into the Downloads directory.

When I open the converted file in Downloads, it is a perfect Excel workbook.

Hope that helps.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

richlocus
2StarLounger

Post by richlocus »

Hans: