Colour me confused

LisaGreen
5StarLounger

Colour me confused

Post by LisaGreen »

Hello Everyone!

Happy after summer solstice day!!

I have a number of items in a shopping list table with a total for each shop at the bottom of the shop in a column to the right. In the next column to the right is the actual receipt amount.

I have succesfully set the two columns to be yellow for where the calculated shopping amount is not equal to the receipt amount.

Now we get to the tricky bit. I'd like to count those yellow coloured pairs to count the errors of course!!

I'm trying to count cells where the interior.color = yellow and it doesn't seem to work!

Any help appreciated.
TIA
Lisa

PS. I would suggest, now that the electricity prices have gotten so high, that everyone does some checking of their supermarket receipts. I have already found 4 "errors" in 3 weeks. That they were mostly human errors is irrelevant really. Look after the pennies!!

Lisa

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Colour me confused

Post by ChrisGreaves »

LisaGreen wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 11:30
... yellow for where the calculated shopping amount is not equal to the receipt amount.
Why not count the number of instances where the calculated shopping amount is not equal to the receipt amount/
That is, after all, the original condition, and is strictly numeric.
Look after the pennies!!
I burned four KwH of electricity yesterday; that came to $0.50.
I am at my wit's end with how to reduce my electricity bill further.
Cheers, Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

What Chris said. It's not easy to work with colours applied by conditional formatting, so work with the conditions instead.
Best wishes,
Hans

LisaGreen
5StarLounger

Post by LisaGreen »

Thanks guys!

Chris.. try checking anything that is on all the time .. hint - internet.

Also.. An investment is probably nessesatry somewhere and so should be balanced against when it starts to pay for itself. A "boiler" comes to mind that delivers hot water instantly instead of taking a minute or so to warm up! Maybe solar panels? And I'm sure you have rooves and everything covered with heat retaining material. Are your windows double triple glazed?

Lisa

LisaGreen
5StarLounger

Post by LisaGreen »

Just out of interest and maybe this is off thread but I've considered that the energy thingy would be to mine the motorways. Those large pieces of moving metal should strike a chord with a lot of people. Apparently it hasn't though. And it would all be tried and tested technology as well.

Lisa