COMPARING DATA

JERRY89
4StarLounger

COMPARING DATA

Post by JERRY89 »

Dear All,

i am having a sheet of data where i need to do data comparison between two sheet , so i need to copy out the Batch No that is not available to the sheet, usually i will have to compare data with more than 5 thousand item, in this sample attached i provide the short version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: COMPARING DATA

Post by HansV »

If you have Microsoft 365 or Office 2021, here is a simple solution using UNIQUE and FILTER.

TESTING DATA.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

JERRY89
4StarLounger

Post by JERRY89 »

Hi Hans,

Mine version is excel 2016, so is there a method for this case?? :hairout:

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Here you go. Recalculating will be slow.

TESTING DATA.xlsx
Best wishes,
Hans

p45cal
2StarLounger

Post by p45cal »

In Excel 2016 you will have Power Query (aka Get & Transform Data on the Data tab of the ribbon).
In the attached, update the source tables with new data. On the Main Data sheet are two new tables (queries) which need refreshing; either by clicking on Refresh All in the Queries & Connections section of the Data tab of the ribbon, or by right-clicking a table and choosing Refresh to update it.