INTERACTIVE ORDER FORM

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Re: INTERACTIVE ORDER FORM

Post by COGICPENNY »

Yes, your instructions were clear and correct. The entire sheet PASSED.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!

Penny

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

.... Ugh!!! Just when I'm ready to send the file (I protected some cells so they won't be able to destroy the document). Then protected the sheet so (but allow them to click on both protected and unprotected cells). When I click CREATE NEW ORDER. I get this error message. What can I do to prevent this? Also, I'm attaching my latest version of the file because it's complete with formatting and extra stuff I needed in there. If there's anything to be done, please use this version. It won't let me attach it for some reason. So here's the link on my One Drive to the file. https://1drv.ms/x/s!AsyIxS27y-3ThJpki8M ... g?e=XcLkcq

Also, is there a way to hide the amount of awarded meals in the ORG tab so that other organizations won't see how much someone else received? When I tried to do format cells > hidden it impacted the ORDER FORM and hid the amount from there too so that didn't work. If not, no worries, let them argue on who got more.

Thanks,
Penny

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

Oh I forgot the sheet is protected. I'll inbox you the password.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

See the attached version. I have protected the VBA code with the same password.
Warning: you have locked too many cells, only the phone numbers are unlocked, so that it isn't possible to actually order anything.

PROJECT FEED ORDERING SYSTEM 09302021.xlsm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

I don't want them manipulating the form so how much can I lock? I wanted only the phone numbers of the organization and the restaurant with the item number for the food and quantity to be user entry. Plus the order date, basically the way I had it. Is that not possible?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In the workbook that you uploaded to OneDrive, the two phone numbers are the only unlocked cells. Order Date, Pickup Date etc. are all locked.
Best wishes,
Hans

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

Right, so my question is I'll ask this way: what cells MUST BE unlocked?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Those that the end user should be able to fill in:
- The phone numbers (or only the restaurant one, since you will be filling in the organization one)
- Order Date
- Ordered By
- Pick-up/Delivery Date
- Pick-up/Delivery Time
- Pick-up/Delivery Type
- The six Item No. cells
- The six Qty cells
Best wishes,
Hans

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

Hans,

We have loaded all of the REAL data into the form (organizations, restaurants, and menu items).

We are almost ready to distribute the Order form, however, there are still errors. As per your instructions we executed the following steps:
ORDER FORM TEMPLATE
1. Select an organization by their phone number (B17) - SUCCESS.
2. Enter Order Date (F3) - SUCCESS.
3. Click NEW ORDER button. ORDER FORM 1 created in new tab - SUCCESS.
ORDER FORM TEMPLATE.jpg
ORDER FORM 1
4. Organization information populates rows 14-17 - SUCCESS.
5. Award balance from ORDER FORM TEMPLATE (H17) is ZERO (does not populate from "ORG LIST", Col I) - FAIL
ORDER FORM 1 (#5).jpg
6. Balance from Previous Order (K17) is ZERO (should carry the starting award amount from "ORG LIST", Col I as no orders have been placed) - FAIL
7. Although already FAILED, continued testing by simulating an order in Row 25. The QUANTITY (F25) now appears as a negative number in cell (H17) AND K17 remains zero. (See screenshot)
ORDER FORM 1.jpg
The link to the file is on OneDrive, available here: https://powerchangeslives-my.sharepoint ... w?e=FnPQXj

The file password remains the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Why are all the items on the MENU ITEMS sheet for restaurants that aren't listed on the APPROVED RESTAURANTS sheet?
Best wishes,
Hans

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

Hans,

I wasn't aware that there was a mismatch in the file. However, we can fix that part on our end. That shouldn't impact what's happening with the balance issue we reported because that's on the ORGANIZATION side right or am I incorrect in my thinking?

If a restaurant isn't listed, their menu won't pull up regardless on the ITEM NO pull down, until we enter them on the RESTAURANT list (as you're telling me is missing -- thank you).

Please if you can, help with the balance issue, that's all we need, the rest we understand and have it from there.

Thanks,
Penny

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I made a mistake and you changed something in the code that wasn't correct. New version: here
Best wishes,
Hans

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

Hans,

Wanted to let you know that all is 100% SUCCESS.

Please mark this post as RESOLVED/CLOSED with great appreciation and respect.

Warmest regards,
Penny

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm happy to hear that it works now.
Best wishes,
Hans

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

Hans,

Embarrassed to report that I need help just once more. We realized we left off the UNIT MEASURE which made us have to add another column. It appears that when we go to the very last step to PLACE ORDER (which runs the email macro) it FAILS now (it worked before), which leads us to believe it's because we added the new column and shifted the cells.

Can you please fix it using what we have now? Thank you. We already recorded the training video up to the point where we click PLACE ORDER.

The link is here: https://powerchangeslives-my.sharepoint ... Q?e=Jwlbn0

Penny

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I had to edit both macros, and also some formulas on the Order Form Template sheet, because they referred to the wrong cells after he change.
New version here
Best wishes,
Hans

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

Good Morning,

Thanks for fixing everything! Worked perfectly, and created the training module for the users. Will send out this morning and formally launch. Again thank you for helping to feed people across the State of New Jersey (USA).

COGICPENNY
2StarLounger

Post by COGICPENNY »

Hans,

Some of the organizations (namely those who are Mac Users) are running into an issue where they "can't send if you don't have Outlook" (see image below).
MAC ERROR OUTLOOK.png
We know the functionality 'Sending an email from Excel through Outlook' works perfectly fine on Windows computers, but not on Mac computers. Microsoft suggests that this is related to the script that you wrote in the excel "Place Order" button. The scripting will be different for different Operating systems like Windows, Mac, so a new button will need to be created for Mac Users to place orders.

1. We need the current "Place Order" button to be renamed to "Place Order (PC Users)" and leave all features and script the same.
2. We need to create a duplicate button called "Place Orders (Mac Users)" and adjust the script to open Outlook for Mac when clicked.

Can you do this for us?

Link to most-recent Excel File: https://powerchangeslives-my.sharepoint ... A?e=dQXHUY

Thank you in advance,
Penny

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm sorry, I don't have the slightest idea how to do that.
Best wishes,
Hans