customising the XL 2007 ribbon

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

customising the XL 2007 ribbon

Post by stuck »

In the good ol' days I had a marco in a workbook held in a central location that each user's copy of XL loaded on startup. The workbook was hidden so they never saw it. All the users saw was a custom toolbar it contained (with the macro associated with one of the buttons) in the top right of their screen. It may have been a bit clunky but it worked, and if I wanted to change the custom toolbar all I had to do was edit a master copy of the workbook and then deploy it to the central location.

Now, all though I've found out how to tweak a workbook (thank you Jan Karel and the Custom UI Editor) if I hide the workbook the customisation is hidden as well.

Any ideas how I can recreate something similar to what I had before, i.e. a single instance of a macro that multiple users get access to when they start XL and the button to fire the macro is on the home tab, not tucked away somewhere that MS thinks is appropriate.

Ken

Jan Karel Pieterse
Microsoft MVP

Re: customising the XL 2007 ribbon

Post by Jan Karel Pieterse »

If you save the workbook as an add-in (xlam) and have your users use that, the UI stays put.
Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP jkp-ads.com

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: customising the XL 2007 ribbon

Post by stuck »

So it does!
:fanfare: :clapping: :cheers: :chocciebar:
Excellent!

Ken