Date Picker Excel 2016 32-bit

richlocus
2StarLounger

Date Picker Excel 2016 32-bit

Post by richlocus »

Hello:
I have read numerous posts in this forum regarding installing the 32-bit Date Picker for Excel 2016. I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't make it a standard release with Excel 2016? I want to use it, not only for a worksheet, but also for an Excel Userform. I distribute my applications to my clients and apparently they would need to also install it on their systems to use my Excel application. What was Microsoft thinking!! It is one of the most useful features that they have made difficult to install and distribute. I tried the Outlook version in Excel and it didn't work. Any EASY suggestions for an application that I will distribute. It shouldn't be this difficult.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Date Picker Excel 2016 32-bit

Post by HansV »

The date picker is part of VB6, not of Office. It would have been nice if Microsoft included one in Office (as they did in the past), but alas...

You might use the Calendar Control for All Office versions - including Office 2016 64 bit (With Advanced Features). It is built entirely from "native" userform controls.

The article explains how to incorporate it into a userform in your workbook:

- Import the cCalendar class module
- Add a Frame control to your userform
- Use code in the UserForm_Initialize event procedure to add the calendar to the frame
Best wishes,
Hans

richlocus
2StarLounger

Post by richlocus »

Thanks Hans. Since it is available in Access, I thought it would also be included in Excel.
Rich

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The date picker in recent versions of Access is not a separate control. It is automatically displayed next to date fields and text boxes.
Best wishes,
Hans

richlocus
2StarLounger

Post by richlocus »

Hans... It seems that Access has the correct way of handling the date picker. Not sure why the Excel development staff didn't include it.
Regards,
Rich

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Excel is not strongly typed like Access, so it would be more difficult to implement in Excel.
Best wishes,
Hans