(More) Tariff Question (2003 SP3)

steveh
SilverLounger

(More) Tariff Question (2003 SP3)

Post by steveh »

Hi All

Sorry about this, I know what I want Excel to do but trying to get it to understand me is another matter!!

In this example I have 3 different types of goods, dry ice 10 kilos, refrigerated 10 kilos, ambient 4 kilos and then one common additional kilo rate over that. I have tried to write a forumla that first recognises the type of good and then apply the appropriate flat charge (I have not even started to think about the additional kilos yet) but in my normal fashion seemed to have not only beaten about the bushes but totally trampled them.

Please see attached example
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

HansV
Administrator

Re: (More) Tariff Question (2003 SP3)

Post by HansV »

I organized the column headings slightly differently, so that they can be used for lookup purposes. See the attached version.
Eileens_ExampleTariff.xls
BTW I build this kind of monster formula step by step, I never try to create the final formula in one go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

HansV wrote:I organized the column headings slightly differently, so that they can be used for lookup purposes. See the attached version.
BTW I build this kind of monster formula step by step, I never try to create the final formula in one go.
Thanks again Hans

This one is much clearer, I did not realise, or perhaps had forgotton, that you can use a range name in a formula. When you say that you build the forula step by step what would be your thinking behind it, would you try and calculate just the dry ice first and then do the same for each of the other types and then combine them, just trying to understand.
Steve
― Benjamin Franklin

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In the attached version, I have added the intermediate formulas that I used, with comments.
The final "monster formula" was created by successively substituting the formulas, starting at the top, in the formulas below.
Best wishes,
Hans

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

HansV wrote:In the attached version, I have added the intermediate formulas that I used, with comments.
The final "monster formula" was created by successively substituting the formulas, starting at the top, in the formulas below.
That is fantastic

Thanks Hans

I will try and apply this over the weekend to a new tariff which is even more monstreous :grin:
Steve
― Benjamin Franklin