Create Autoshapes from Table

Stefan_Sand
4StarLounger

Create Autoshapes from Table

Post by Stefan_Sand »

Hi,

i am currently working on a problem to create rectangle autoshapes, order it, give it textentries and create conectors;
I can get/set names/Text from and to shapes and i can color them as i like to, but i am not able to get the shapescreation by tableentries into the worksheet.

To be more precise,
1. all the shapes in the active worksheet should be deleted -> solved, taken from David Ritchies site
2. create rectangle autoshapes from node and childentries in the sheet and place them from left to right...
all the rectangles should have two sizes, one bigger for the nodes, and the smaller one for the child rectangles -> don´t know how
3. create connectors like shown in the attached workbook -> don´t know how
4. Get/Set Name the rectangle shapes -> solved
5. Get/Set new textentries into it by cellentries -> solved
6. color shapes by color index entry... -> solved

Does anyone of you know how to solve the open points 2 and 3 of this tricky problem?

any help would be appreciated,
stef

ps: see attached workbook for details
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Create Autoshapes from Table

Post by HansV »

Where is the information that tells us where to create the shapes?

Wouldn't it be better to use Visio for this, or another application dedicated to create this kind of graphics, rather than Excel?
Best wishes,
Hans

jolas
3StarLounger

Post by jolas »

Maybe try to Insert >> Diagram >> Organizational Chart or other fitting diagram from the Gallery. Format using the floating toolbar that will appear. You could do this in Excel, Word and Powerpoint I guess.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Stefan_Sand wants to do this using VBA. In Office 2003, the Diagram object can be controlled from VBA, but unfortunately SmartArt, its successor in Office 2007, is read-only in VBA (yet another example of the Dumbing Downâ„¢ of Office 2007). So you'd be stuck if there are users with Office 2007.
Best wishes,
Hans

Stefan_Sand
4StarLounger

Post by Stefan_Sand »

Thank You. I will find another way.