Please help me with this excel generator

IAMNewbie
NewLounger

Please help me with this excel generator

Post by IAMNewbie »

https://i.imgur.com/2oCcd03.png

Hi !

As you can see, there are 3 groups of numbers (but they could contain any kind of data as well) with numbers. Each group has a MAXIMUM predefined places for its own number of elements. As you can see, in this example all three groups contains 11 predefined places for their elements. It is not compulsory that all the places to be filled with data. As you can see, in these example group 1 and group 2 have 4 cells and, respectively 2 cells free (highlighted with the yellow background color).
User can fill all the cells of each group, or just first X cells on each groups, or even last one or last two groups left completely blank.

As you can see, above each group there are MIN and MAX cells which must be filled with numbers. These are conditions.

Below all of these there is another cells filled with the number 7 (in this example).

Below all of these there should be generated all possible combinations with 7 elements which meet all conditions above, which (in this case) should be between 0 and maximum 3 elements from group 1, between 2 and maximum 7 from 2nd group (it must contain AT LEAST 2 elements of the 2nd group as the condition specifies AND between 3 and maximum 5 elements of the 3rd group.
! Please note that if any of these group has blank cells, spaces doesn't count into combos, just numbers.
That's all.

Please, help me with this.
I have searched for weeks on how to do it and never found out.
Please help me !

Thank you very, very, very much in advance !

Here is the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q4bctgsin ... rator.xlsx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HansV
Administrator

Re: Please help me with this excel generator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

In your sample file, there are 297990 possible combinations - a huge number!
Do you really want to generate almost three hundred thousand rows? And what are you going to do with them?
Best wishes,
Hans

YasserKhalil
PlatinumLounger

Post by YasserKhalil »

Cross-post at this link
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthr ... -generator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toranaga
3StarLounger

Post by Toranaga »

Cross-post at this link also
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showt ... p?t=215105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

TX for the links guys.
Appreciated.

@IAmNewbie
Please take note that it is good practice to supply links to similar posts in other forums to avoid members having to waste their time constructing replies to a post that you already have an answer for in another place. We'd appreciate your adherence in this regard. For further clarification of this issue, please see our house rules (specifically #9). Thank you.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

IAMNewbie
NewLounger

Post by IAMNewbie »

Rudi wrote:TX for the links guys.
Appreciated.

@IAmNewbie
Please take note that it is good practice to supply links to similar posts in other forums to avoid members having to waste their time constructing replies to a post that you already have an answer for in another place. We'd appreciate your adherence in this regard. For further clarification of this issue, please see our house rules (specifically #9). Thank you.
Nobody answered me anywhere.

IAMNewbie
NewLounger

Post by IAMNewbie »

HansV wrote:Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

In your sample file, there are 297990 possible combinations - a huge number!
Do you really want to generate almost three hundred thousand rows? And what are you going to do with them?
The number of combos depends of how many cells I fill up with numbers. This is just an example, but maybe I'm gonna provide just a few numbers in order to have less combos.

Toranaga
3StarLounger

Post by Toranaga »

Nobody answered me anywhere.
@ IAMNewbie
It's common sense, do not post the same question on several sites !!!!

Post on a website and expect to have answers, and after a reasonable time, write "bump". If you do not receive answer, is it possible that you, not be brought explicitly a problem.
And if you want to post on other forums then - it's common sense to post links to forums where you've posted.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Even with more limited choices, the number of solutions will be large, and writing them all out will be quite complicated; I don't see a good way to compute them.

If you just want to know how many solutions there are, that would be relatively easy.
Best wishes,
Hans