Learning Excel Formula Material

JERRY89
4StarLounger

Learning Excel Formula Material

Post by JERRY89 »

Hi ,

I do have a question to ask ,is there any Material or website that is essential to learn the Excel formula from the beginners to the advanced formula.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Learning Excel Formula Material

Post by Rudi »

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge.

There is no need to purchase any material to learn Excel formulas. You just need to take time to scan around for some free tutorials on the web to find plenty of useful information about formulas. I find YouTube also very handy as there are channels that deal with all topics on Office and Excel. Looking at explanatory videos on topics of interest helps one to learn very quickly as you can see it in action.

To get you started on some good tutorials, see the following:

- Excel Formulas: 10 Formulas That Helped Me Keep My Job
- Excel Formulas Tutorial
- Learn How to Use Formulas - Tutorial Videos with Examples

- For YouTube, you cannot go wrong with Mike Girvin's channel called ExcelIsFun. Just search within the wide range of topics he documents.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Re: Learning Excel Formula Material

Post by Doc.AElstein »

Hi Jerry
_ I think many experienced people will tell you that making the effort to practice and to participate in Forums as soon as you are able is probably the best way to learn.
_ However, the YouTube option is also not to be missed, and I agree with Rudi, it is hardly worth buying material, other than maybe a few good books for reference. These you could also probably obtain very cheaply, second hand. Books form earlier versions from Excel are virtually given away at a very low price and are still relevant especially at an early stage of learning.
_ I soon built up a large collection of reference books very cheaply from purchasing through Internet Auction sites.

_ As regards the YouTube Videos, My advice would be to possibly try to download a lot of videos from YouTube, such as the ExcelIsFun series that Rudi mentioned. Make yourself then a few Play lists, or simply download a few entire Play list. But be very careful which download software you use, if you choose to do this. ( I have heard of some problems with unwanted material or in extreme cases viruses coming down with video download software. - This software seem to be a Particular favorites target of hackers and people passing unwanted software and viruses.) There is however, a lot of good free software available for doing that. But be very careful what options you check or uncheck so that you do not also get other stuff you do not want. For me currently the 4K Video Downloader works best for downloading. I then use Free Video Converter V3.2.0.0 from Koyote Software to convert to WMV in order to use Windows Media Player. But you could possibly ask for some more advice on that software here in another Sub Forum.
This organizing of a good collection of videos can be a bit time consuming initially. However, after that you can let such a series run, maybe in the background, or, as I found useful, let run evenings late as an alternative to Television viewing. After watching a few Play list over, or having them run continuously in the background you soon pick things up.

_ If at some stage in the future you learn VBA I can recommend some very good You Tube Play lists there.

Alan

EDIT: I did try to check it out the free software i mentioned just now. The downloads proved a bit difficult, and i was re directed a lot. So you may need to ask around a bit for advice on the latest stand on those things - The versions i have are still working great. But it was a year or so that i first downloaded them.
Alan
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also