Problems printing mail merge

PrestonK
Lounger

Problems printing mail merge

Post by PrestonK »

Hello,
I am using Windows 7 and a Brother HL2270DW laser printer which prints everything else just fine -- spreadsheets, word docs, etc.
The problem is when I perform a mail merge to create mailing labels the printer refuses to print them. Word seems to be fine, doing its job of merging sorced from an Excel SS, without any warnings. I have looked at the advanced settings under the specific printer tab and set the printer to spool the last page before printing. Same result -- no warnings, and the printer flashes a red warning LED for an error.
What else can I try?

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

HansV
Administrator

Re: Problems printing mail merge

Post by HansV »

Are you merging directly to the printer?
If so, try merging to a new document instead, then print the generated document.
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

My suspicion would fall on the label settings:

Has the correct label been chosen?
Have the label settings (measurements) been customized?
Are the page margins conflicting with the labels/table? That is, forcing the labels outside of the printable area. I believe that when the label is chosen the correct margins are set, but maybe they've been changed.

When you've completed the merge (to a new document) show the table gridlines and check the margin details.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

PrestonK
Lounger

Post by PrestonK »

Now working. Went the manual feed slot instead of thhe paper tray.
Thanks for the help.
Happy Holidays!

Preston

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for sharing the solution!
Best wishes,
Hans

macropod
4StarLounger

Post by macropod »

Cross-posted at: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showth ... sn-t-print" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For cross-posting etiquette, please read: http://www.excelguru.ca/node/7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul Edstein
[Fmr MS MVP - Word]