Borderless textboxes

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Borderless textboxes

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi....In the "Word tips for the day" http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001633_Nobo ... fault.html they say when right clicking a text box there should be the option "Set AutoShape defaults" it does not seem to appear for me, any suggestions as to why? Nothing to lose sleep over but just puzzled. :scratch: Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silverback
5StarLounger

Re: Borderless textboxes

Post by silverback »

The Set Autoshape Defaults option in the Context menu doesn't appear until you make a change to the text box. I changed the textbox line colour, and the option appeared.
However, the Set Autoshape Defaults option is always available for other Autoshapes (it seems!)
Silverback

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You have to right-click the border of the text box. If you right-click inside the text box, you get the context menu for the text in the text box.
Best wishes,
Hans

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Aha! I inserted a control textbox from the Control Toolbox.
Now I've tried Insert | Textbox (also inserting from the Drawing Toolbar) I can see that the Set Autoshape Defaults option is available all the time, as you said.
Silly me! :stupidme:
Silverback

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks again, obviously clicking "IN" rather than "On" the box, easy when one knows how. (Whilst still on the subject of Texboxes) In the event that anyone may want to add columns to a text box there is a workaround here which may be helpful. http://word.tips.net/Pages/T003405_Colu ... t_Box.html Regards Dave. :fanfare: