Heading 1 is not shading properly

omega0401
StarLounger

Heading 1 is not shading properly

Post by omega0401 »

In the attachment, Heading 1 is supposed to have its entire style in a gray shade but it is not. It will work with Heading 2 but not with Heading 1. It might have something to do with having two patterns. It's probably something simple but I can't see it. How can I fix it?

Added: You'll notice that there seems to be a border around the heading, almost like it was a table divided into two columns but if that's the case how do I remove it from inside a style?

I deleted a follow up post thinking I had solved it but it was wishful thinking. It must be something simple that I am not seeing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Heading 1 is not shading properly

Post by HansV »

Indeed, two types of shading have been applied to the Heading 1 style: gray paragraph shading and white text shading. The latter is slightly unusual: in the Modify Style dialog, you can only set paragraph shading.

To get rid of the white text shading:
- Select a few letters of the Heading 1 text.
- Activate the Borders and Shading dialog.
- Activate the Shading tab.
- The Apply To dropdown should now contain "Text" since you selected some text.
- Select "No Color" from the Fill dropdown.
- Click OK.
- With the characters still selected, right-click the Heading 1 style.
- Select "Update Heading 1 to match selection".

Heading 1 should now have a gray background throughout.
Best wishes,
Hans

omega0401
StarLounger

Re: Heading 1 is not shading properly

Post by omega0401 »

Thank you Hans. That worked. I'll go back to the original document and make those same changes. Thanks again for the help.