Tables - borders/lines not appearing in printed version

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

Tables - borders/lines not appearing in printed version

Post by FrecklePaw »

Hi, I am experiencing an issue when printing my document with a table in it. The table takes up the whole page and in the 'Print Preview' window everything looks great, but when it prints there are approx. another possible two rows are missing (as well as the border lines as there should be a bottom border too) so it looks like it has just faded out without the border if that makes sense?
Why does this happen and what do I need to do to sort it? I need the rows to go right to the bottom of the page using up as much of the page as possible (to save paper and maximise the info I can get onto one page)?
(I have been unable to attach an image screenshot as it doesn't look the same on screen as when it is printed, so I took an image on my phone camera, which was too large, so I compressed it and it is still too large to attach! Apologies)

HansV
Administrator

Re: Tables - borders/lines not appearing in printed version

Post by HansV »

Most printers have non-printable margins around the page. Any content that is in the non-printable area simply won't be printed. I fear that you've run into that...
Best wishes,
Hans

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

Post by FrecklePaw »

HansV wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 11:58
Most printers have non-printable margins around the page. Any content that is in the non-printable area simply won't be printed. I feat that you've run into that...
Hi Hans, is there anything that can be done to expand the margins, or use a better, truer option in 'Print Preview' or rather than print preview so I can see EXACTLY what will be printed? (Print Preview was not reliable!)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The non-printable margins are a physical feature of the printer, you cannot change those. If you have multiple printers available to you, you might investigate which one best suits your purpose.

I don't know of a way to make Print Preview 100% accurate.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Word Print Preview relies on the information about page margins that it gets from the printer device driver.

Make sure that you are using the right driver for the printer, and that it is up-to-date
StuartR

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

Post by FrecklePaw »

This is helpful - I have went into my printer settings and amended it there and it gave me roughly what I wanted! Thanks for the tip here.