Can't set language default

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Re: Can't set language default

Post by ErikJan »

Tested.

You are probably right in general. In the particular case discussed in this thread however my code works but your suggestion does not change anything.

Charles Kenyon
5StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

Erik,
Sorry to tag more on, but deleting everything from the document will, in my experience, revert to the operating system language.
:sad:

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Post by ErikJan »

Charles,
My code mimics what one would do manually: select the placeholder and start typing... In my case I 'type' a space and then delete that again.
I tested this of course and -as said- I'm ending up with an empty document (as Word would normally show it), but the language is no longer the OS language.

Charles Kenyon
5StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

Glad you got it to work for you.
My experience with deleting the content is different.

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Post by ErikJan »

Dit you try it Charles? As I indicated, my code doesn't delete the content, it selects it and then types a space (as one would do manually). I can assure you that it works.

(again, and for clarity, after having applied your code as discussed in this thread of course)

snb
4StarLounger

Post by snb »

Is it an idea to test the following ?
Adding a docvariable and leave it that way, because no one will notice its existence?

Code: Select all

Thisdocument.variables("EricJan")=" "

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Post by ErikJan »

Sorry snb, I understand what you are proposing but I have to apologize as I don't understand the relevance of your remark as a response to the ongoing discussion in this thread.
In summary: with the help of Charles, I was able to fix the proofing language problem in Word (at least the more recent versions). I posted my -slightly optimized- code earlier here as well.
A few days back I communicated one small last addition that I added to the AutoNew sub in Normal.dotm. That code removes the last visible 'evidence' that something is going on in the background to correctly set the proofing language. It wasn't a question or a problem, merely an addition.
In a response it seemed that it wasn't clear to Charles what I did so I tried to explain.
Hope this clarifies.

Charles Kenyon
5StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

snb wrote:
25 May 2024, 13:08
Is it an idea to test the following ?
Adding a docvariable and leave it that way, because no one will notice its existence?

Code: Select all

Thisdocument.variables("EricJan")=" "
Document variables are not in the text level at all?
Did you test this?