Seen the new iPad ... ???

WyllyWylly
NewLounger

Re: Seen the new iPad ... ???

Post by WyllyWylly »

Oy, I was focused like a laser on what was disappointing about the iPad. :blush: In that light, thank you for your congrats on my iBaby. :anigrin: She just turned one.

WebGenii
StarLounger

Post by WebGenii »

Let me add my congratulations as well.

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

WyllyWylly wrote:Oy, I was focused like a laser on what was disappointing about the iPad. :blush: In that light, thank you for your congrats on my iBaby. :anigrin: She just turned one.
That would make her iBaby 1.0

WebGenii
StarLounger

Post by WebGenii »

TonyE wrote: As a die-hard Windows user I will wait for Windows 7 based tablet PCs to be launched to see if they will replace my ageing laptop.
Have you any favourites that interest you so far?

Charlotte
Her Majesty

Post by Charlotte »

TonyE wrote:The iPad does appear to be to be a good piece of kit, but after the initial wow factor my opinion has changed. It appears that Apple went for an enhanced iPod, this will probably fit in with their marketing strategy, especially if they target those who are used to the iPod/iPhone. Personally I think it would have been better to make a tablet version of the iMac, though since that has nowhere near the userbase of the iPod/iPhone, it may be less commercially viable.

As a die-hard Windows user I will wait for Windows 7 based tablet PCs to be launched to see if they will replace my ageing laptop.
I like Wndows 7 on my laptop, but I think I would opt for an Android tablet instead of a Windows one. I :love: the look/feel/functionality of the new Samsung Galaxy tablet. It's like my Samsung phone on steroids! :clapping:
Charlotte

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Darling Daughter (DD) received her new iPad Monday last. It was shipped to our address and she collected it here. It is an interesting device, but its limitations make it too small for a 'real' computer and too big to be really portable. Now, if Apple were to add a phone with bluetooth and increase its capacity it might go somewhere.

I have an iPhone4 (given to me by DD) and had never used the face calling feature. DD called me when she got home and we enjoyed the experience. The camera quality on the iPad is much poorer than that on the iPhone4. I can't imagine why Apple made that decision. I was really disappointed in the picture quality I was receiving on the small screen. DD said that she was getting very crisp pics with great depth of field displaying on the iPad.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs