Inactive Links Within An Excel Spreadsheet

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Inactive Links Within An Excel Spreadsheet

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:How are you trying to copy text from that forum? In general, I have found that selecting text on a web page and pressing Ctrl+C fails to do anything quite often, but right-clicking the selection and selecting Copy from the context menu always works, as does selecting Edit > Copy (if you display the menu bar).
I tried all methods with no success. In an Internet search I found a partial answer but it then pointed out another problem. First here was the remedy to the copy and paste problem using IE 11.

Check this setting...
Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone> Custom Level> Scripting section> Allow Programmatic clipboard access> Enable.

That did work but then I discovered that I could not highlight any text in a post window at that site and also the window itself was jittery and I could not control the scrolling of it accurately. Some of the suggestions on the WEB were to try a different Browser, which I did. I am now using FF on this machine and that site is preforming everything as it should. My other Win 7 machines are running IE 10 and they seem to work fine so something must be slightly from IE 10 to IE 11 enough so that it causes these problems. Thank goodness for FF even though I still prefer the looks of IE better I think I'll stick with FF seems to have less problems at least as far as I am concerned lately.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't think it's an Internet Explorer 11 problem - I'm using IE 11 and I can select and copy text without problems on that forum.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Try resetting your IE settings by going to Tools, Internet Options, and then the Advance tab.
Near the bottom there is a "Reset" button, click it and follow the questions.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

DaveA wrote:Try resetting your IE settings by going to Tools, Internet Options, and then the Advance tab.
Near the bottom there is a "Reset" button, click it and follow the questions.
OK but I better make note of what is there now in case it causes other problems.
Regards,
hlewton