Windows Live Mail - email time stamp

Michelle
Lounger

Windows Live Mail - email time stamp

Post by Michelle »

Hi folks,

I am using Window Live Mail in Windows 7. My computer clock shows the correct time (bottom right display).

- Emails sent show the correct time stamp at my end.
- recipients of my emails show an incorrect time stamp. (one email I checked up on was 3hrs advanced and the other was 5 hours advanced). I suspect this is not a random thing but rather on all emails
- emails received at my end show an incorrect time stamp.

Help is most appreciated!

Many thanks,
Michelle

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Windows Live Mail - email time stamp

Post by DaveA »

Are these receivers in a different time zone?

Where are you ISP servers at?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

What kind of e-mail account are you using? One provided by your ISP, or a Windows Live Hotmail account, or ...?
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

DaveA wrote:Are these receivers in a different time zone?Where are you ISP servers at?
(replyig, just this once! on behalf of Michelle.
Dave, thanks for the response.

Michelle is in my time zone (Toronto) and uses Bell Sympatico, I think, just like me.
She sent me an email around 10:30 a.m. this morning; I saw it at 11:00 when I checked my mail, but her email was time-stamped 1:26 p.m., so, 3 hours ahead.
I called her on Skype (which uncovered another can of worms!), and confirmed that she had sent it around 10:30 our local time.
We checked her computer clock; she says that her computer clock is correctly set (it was 11:00 a.m. when we chatted by phone).
I'm not sure whether the problem occurs on all her outgoing emails - perhaps she could check by issuing an email to another friendly user.

Michelle's ISP servers are probably in Toronto, or failing that, in her home town about 50 miles NW of Toronto.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:What kind of e-mail account are you using? One provided by your ISP, or a Windows Live Hotmail account, or ...?
Thanks Hans.
Michelle is using her BELL Sympatico email account, I believe, e.g. michelles.realname@sympatico.ca
I should add that *I* didn't observe this problem any time during the past 6 months. During that time she was on her desktop computer with Win XP and, i think, Outlook.

This problem has been apparent to me only since Michelle got her new laptop with Win7 and Livemail.

Michelle: A good experiment might be to return to your old machine and issue an email from there?

OK.
That's it for me.

Michelle?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Michelle wrote: recipients of my emails show an incorrect time stamp.
This link may help. I know it's Vista and you're "7", but the time zone setting might be investigted ...

Michelle
Lounger

Post by Michelle »

ChrisGreaves wrote: the time zone setting might be investigted ...
Thanks Chris! Yes it was the time zone setting. I corrected that and then I had to go back and change the time. I did a test email and everything is working as it should. :clapping:

Thank you to those who replied for your offer of help!

Regards,
Michelle