Windows 7 SP1 Announced

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: Windows 7 SP1 Announced

Post by Hey Jude »

I know I don't want to uninstall it, but seeing as it remains an option until the tool is run is interesting. I also realize that using a restore point prior to this update would create significant issues, so it's good the rest are gone :-)
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Hey Jude wrote:Is there any reason to uninstall SP-1 seeing as I have all known updates installed now? I did some reading and you are correct about the .NET components. When I first open task manager now, it starts at 80% then immediately drops to 5 or 10 so it is much better than it was. So at this point I can uninstall it? Interesting. I just checked my Restore Points and see only one pertaining to Win 7 SP-1 showing so that took significant space. I shall keep the option open to run the cleanup tool then.
If you look review "Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.xls" at Documentation for SP-1 you'll see that there are more fixes in the service pack than were released to the public. The only reason that I'd consider uninstalling it would be if the system was unstable.

It is typical behavior (at least from Vista on) that restore points prior to the service pack process are deleted.

Joe
Joe

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Thanks Joe. I never noticed that about the restore points. I used Vista for one week, and that week was spent reading and amassing all my tools/information to do a clean install of Win 7 Pro. Thanks for that tidbit :-)
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image