Windows 7 Resource Kit Tools

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Windows 7 Resource Kit Tools

Post by John Gray »

Has anyone any definitive information about whether these are/will be available?

A Technet Blog says they should be on the web near the end of September 2009, but Wikipedia says that they won't be released for current and future operating systems.

And no, the PowerShell scripts which are available are not what I'm after!

Thanks
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Windows 7 Resource Kit Tools

Post by JoeP »

I've been keeping watch for these myself. I think the Powershell pack is the only thing you are going to get.

Would Download details: Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 be of any help?

Joe
Joe

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Thanks, Joe, that's what I thought.

Yes, the RSAT tools are very useful - or would be! I managed to install them on a local account, and now cannot get at them from a domain account on that PC. (By that I mean they don't appear in the All Programs menu under Administrative Tools, and I can't work out how to make them appear). I suspect the quickest way out will be to uninstall them, then reinstall in the domain account.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

When you are logged in as the local user, "press" the Start orb. You should be able to right click "All Programs" and select "Open" or "Open All Users". You should be able to use Windows Explorer to copy what you need to the domain account Start Menu.

Joe
Joe

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

In fact is was even easier! If you right click on Start -> Properties -> Start Menu tab -> Customise, then play with the System Administrative Tools options. Of course in the logical way of these things, this gives a Start Menu entry of Administrative Tools, containing all the RSAT tools that one selected in Select Windows Features!
John Gray