Couple of quick questions

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Couple of quick questions

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello.

Someone had Word showing as two separate buttons in the taskbar. They assure me they started a 2nd document from within Word. Why would they show as two separate buttons please?

When using the search box in windows explorer is it possible to produce a list of properties, other than modified date and size?

Thanks, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Couple of quick questions

Post by HansV »

1) The taskbar properties has a Taskbar buttons dropdown. If you select "Never combine", you should get separate buttons for documents (if Word is set to show documents in the taskbar).

2) Search results is an explorer window like any other - you can display icons or details, and you can specify which details you want. This is not specific to search results.
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

1) They had the taskbar option on 'always combine' but it still on occasion showed two Word buttons.

2) Sorry, I meant I was hoping there was an option to show further query properties, other than the default 'modified date' and 'size' options that appear when creating a search. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

1) Even if I deliberately create two instances of Word, they still share one taskbar button...
Best wishes,
Hans

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

I may not be reading your problem correctly here but do you mean if you have 2 or more documents open in word you see the buttons on the task bar. If so have a look in the advanced options as screen shot. un checking the box seems to combine all docs into 1 button. Ignore my reply if I've misunderstood you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Thanks both. I'm sure it must have been a combination of the previous dialog and the taskbar properties that was the cause. Andy.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

I found the answer I wanted for the Search box that appears in an Explorer window (top-right). Apparently I can increase the size of the search box to find more properties.

When searching for dates I can also enter, among many other things, 'last week', 'yesterday', etc., or '>1/2/2010<1/11/2011'. Andy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.