Aero - application appearance

Cah
3StarLounger

Aero - application appearance

Post by Cah »

Hello, despite not having found how to distinguish between active and active windows I'm being forced to switch to using Aero as some applications (eg Corel X5) misbehave when using Windows Classic. Does anyone know how to customise the basic appearance of applications? Aero seems to ignore most of the advanced settings: Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance\Advanced appearance settings? What controls how applications look - eg both Firefox and Corel X5 now have blue backgrounds whereas they used to be regular grey with Classic.

P.S. Groan: Why is Windows 7 so much harder to customise than XP?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Aero - application appearance

Post by HansV »

Do you mean the background of the contents or the background color of the menu bar, toolbars etc.?
Best wishes,
Hans

Cah
3StarLounger

Post by Cah »

Hi Hans, I mean the menu bar, tool bars and side panels. Basically the settings that used to be configured in the Advanced appearance settings.

Regards,

Chris

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't think you can change those in Aero - the applications don't conform to the Aero color scheme.
Best wishes,
Hans

Cah
3StarLounger

Post by Cah »

Thanks for the reply, Hans. It is really annoying because Aero is causing the applications to change appearance. They look very different if I use Windows Classic. Is this a bug - the Advanced appearance settings not being changeable under Aero? Any chance this will change with Windows 7 SP1?

Chris

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't know, but I don't think so.
Best wishes,
Hans