Where are these tabs

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Where are these tabs

Post by Dave Davison »

Visited a friend today to view an anomaly he is experiencing with his new laptop running W7. (1) When typing an email, without warning his cursor jumps back to some random position within the text already typed and over types the succeeding text. I am aware of the function of the "Ins" key on the keyboard but any ideas as to what may be causing the cursor " to jump to a previous position in the text please? (2) Please point me to the "Search" tab in W7 as I downloaded "FaststoneCapture" for him but could not find where it had been saved to so thought I would do a search for it but could not see the "Find" tab? (3) Finally, I was going to show him how to create his own keyboard shortcuts using the "Tools" tab them "Customize" but the creators of W7 have [it seems] hid the "Tools" tab behind some other tab... please help me bring the said items into focus. Thanks Dave. :scratch: :scratch:

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Where are these tabs

Post by JoeP »

(1) What program is being used for email? Is the there a wireless keyboard or mouse in use? Has any hardware or software been added or updated recently?
(2) Open Windows Explorer. There is a search box in the upper right corner. OR use the start menu. Click the start orb or the Windows key. Just start typing in the search box. OR use Windows key + F.
(3) Create a shortcut, right click on it, select Propeties, click on the Shortcut tab.

Joe
Joe

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

(1) As for the typing, you are most likely dragging your thumb(s) across the touch pad and moving the cursor.

(2), the search was remove from the Start area, as some of the third party local search programs were complaining as their product was not need if Microsoft shoved their searches on the masses. BUT, Windows Key + F still works.

When you download and save something, you, need to learn to LOOK at where things are being saved at. But with Windows 7, there should be in the Users download folder when you select save.

(3) http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... n-programs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Many thanks gents.... will forward your comments to my friend to peruse & practice for himself. The laptop has no external mouse or keyboard plugged in & I know he has recently moved from Virgin Media to SKY so I suppose they will be his email provider! The possibility of making accidental contact with the touch pad when typing had been considered so I took a spare keyboard down with me but his laptop only has USB sockets so it could not be used. Will feed back with info of how we get on in due time...thanks again Dave.