Needed at Startup?

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Needed at Startup?

Post by Gloria E »

Does msinfo32 need to be running at startup?

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Needed at Startup?

Post by HansV »

It's from Microsoft, so I'd leave it alone.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

I understand that not ALL Microsoft programs are needed at startup. I would like to know why this one should be allowed to start when Windows starts. Just because of it's origination is not enough, it seems to me to be System Information that can be viewed by users when needed.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

What is the problem, Gloria? Is MsInfo32 using an inordinate amount of memory or CPU capacity?
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Not that I know of. May I get an answer to my question? There's no problem, I just would like to know, please.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria,

I'll be honest with you: strictly speaking I don't know. It's possible that you could stop msinfo32 from starting automatically without adverse effects. But while searching Google, I found many people complaining that System Information wasn't working because msinfo32 had been disabled. So, since you don't have problems with it, I recommend leaving it as it is.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Problems, I don't need, so I will take your advice and keep my fingers off msinfo32.

Thanks for your reply.

Gloria E