Replacement for Unlocker Utility

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Replacement for Unlocker Utility

Post by viking33 »

Most Loungers know of the great tool for unlocking files in XP, Vista and Win7, 32 bit. Apparently they are working on a Win7, 64 bit version.
Here is a new utility called LockHunter, that does the same things for 32 bit AND 64 bit versions of Win 7. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it here as yet but check it out and DL either 32 or 64 versions here.

http://lockhunter.com/download.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Re: Replacement for Unlocker Utility

Post by Gloria E »

viking33 wrote:Most Loungers know of the great tool for unlocking files in XP, Vista and Win7, 32 bit. Apparently they are working on a Win7, 64 bit version.
Here is a new utility called LockHunter, that does the same things for 32 bit AND 64 bit versions of Win 7. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it here as yet but check it out and DL either 32 or 64 versions here.

http://lockhunter.com/download.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now I know why Unlocker's not working. I had the previous version and it was fine, while using Windows XP. I'll give your suggestion a look see.

Thanks for the tip, Vike.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Just Plain Fred
NewLounger

Post by Just Plain Fred »

Bob ,
Hello, Thanks for the "heads up" about "lockHunter" I thought it was Norton 360 that was preventing me from using "Unlocker" as i have to switch Norton off to use it on my Windows 7 \ 32 system, figured that it was the same on my Windows 7 \ 64. :cheers: Regards Fred

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Just Plain Fred wrote:Bob ,
Hello, Thanks for the "heads up" about "lockHunter" I thought it was Norton 360 that was preventing me from using "Unlocker" as i have to switch Norton off to use it on my Windows 7 \ 32 system, figured that it was the same on my Windows 7 \ 64. :cheers: Regards Fred
Hi Fred,
Good to "see" you here. Thus far, I think the jury is still out on Lockhunter, in my mind anyway. It "sort of" works but not with the capabilities of Unlocker. Unlocker is still a bit of a mystery see my post as to it being a final version or still in Beta. Version 1.9.0. doesn't seem to work on my 64 bit Win 7, and no response from the author as yet. If i get a definitive answer, I'll post.
Last edited by viking33 on 11 Jul 2010, 21:31, edited 2 times in total.
BOB

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The syntax is shown when you hover the mouse pointer over the post= button above the reply area:
x221.png
So you should use [post=21959]post[/post] which results in post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:The syntax is shown when you hover the mouse pointer over the post= button above the reply area:
x221.png
So you should use [post=21959]post[/post] which results in post.
Much better!
Must be the heat AND the humidity!
BOB

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Unlocker Utility 64-bit availability

Post by John Gray »

On 5th July the 64-bit version of Unlocker was published - see http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Unlocker 1.9.0 for 32 and 64 bit - 5/7/2010
- New feature: Complete support for 64 bit operating systems with signed driver.
<snip>
- Improved behavior: No false positives for 32 bit version.
- Improved behavior: Handles are now sorted by process instead of appearing in random order when launching Unlocker.
- Improved UI: Locked DLL show as DLL instead of handle number.
- Improved UI: Fixed same process appearing differently depending on cases.
- Promotional feature: Fully optional eBay shortcuts, Bing or Quickstores toolbar depending on location.

As has been noted elsewhere, to prevent the Bing toolbar being loaded you have to remove the tick from the check-box, then wait 30 seconds while the numbers in the button 'count down' to become the Next button. Check the next screen carefully and remove the Ebay shortcuts check-box tick, plus anything else you don't want.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Unlocker Utility 64-bit availability

Post by viking33 »

John Gray wrote:On 5th July the 64-bit version of Unlocker was published - see http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Unlocker 1.9.0 for 32 and 64 bit - 5/7/2010
Thanks, John.
i did receive a note from the author about a week ago and should have posted the update then. Promptly forgot about doing it. :doh:
It seems to work just fine with the 64 bit version.
BOB

BigKev
StarLounger

Post by BigKev »

Clicking the link http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; gave me the attached screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

This happens only in Internet Explorer, I think it's the SmartScreen filter. It's a false positive, the site is safe, but apparently some people have reported it as unsafe because the installation file for Unlocker contains undesirable add-ons. See WOT Reputation Scorecard.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BigKev wrote:Clicking the link http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; gave me the attached screen.
Not to worry. It's OK and as Hans said, it looks like only IE is reporting the false positive.
Been in contact with the author and a few people have mentioned this to him.
He adamantly assures everyone, all is OK and he has been in contact with MS about it. :innocent:
BOB

Charlotte
Her Majesty

Post by Charlotte »

Just an additional note on this: Windows 7 Smart Filter won't even allow a download from that site, even with the popup blocker turned off.
Charlotte