Device Manager

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Device Manager

Post by Gloria E »

I was asked if I wanted Windows to download driver software and realistic icons for my hardware devices. The choices were:
Yes, do this automatically (recommended).

No, let me choose what to do.

I don't know which choice would be the correct one, and I need some advice.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Device Manager

Post by HansV »

It's entirely up to you. If you don't want to bother with finding and installing drivers yourself, select Yes. If you prefer to have more control, answer No.

Detailed instructions on the choices that you have if you answer No can be found in Stop Windows 7 from Automatically Installing Device Drivers.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:It's entirely up to you. If you don't want to bother with finding and installing drivers yourself, select Yes. If you prefer to have more control, answer No.

Detailed instructions on the choices that you have if you answer No can be found in Stop Windows 7 from Automatically Installing Device Drivers.
That is using common sense, I just wondered if there was a good reason for not letting Windows install drivers for me. Something like drivers being installed incorrectly, not being needed, or problems with the drivers after the installation. Since you made no mention of any of those things, I'll just let Windows do it for me (the lazy way). :thankyou:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria E wrote:I'll just let Windows do it for me (the lazy way). :thankyou:
That's what I do to...
Best wishes,
Hans